Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Creamsicle Cake







Such a simple treat.  So cool and refreshing.  I like mine with orange Jello.  You?


You may have forgotten about this old stand-by, but I'm here to remind you.


It's chilly and it's good.


It uses J. E.  L.  L.  O.!  (Click link.)  
Remember that commercial?  
"Thank you mother, dear!"  










It couldn't be simpler and little kids love to help make it. 


I only had a pound cake mix in the cupboard, and this was perfect, in fact, I think the texture was even better than a plain white cake. 


All you do is mix up a white cake and bake it according to package directions in a 9x13 pan. I used a glass pan.  


Cool slightly.  


Take a fork or a straw (I prefer the straw) to poke holes all over the surface of the cake.  


While the cake is baking, boil some water and mix two cups of water with one large or two small packages of one flavor of Jello.  (The possibilities of flavors are endless!)  This mixture can cool slightly while the cake is baking and cooling.


When your cake has cooled down, pour the Jello all over it.  Chill.  Cut cake and when you serve it, plop some whipped cream on top, and ENJOY!  Store in the refrigerator.  



Some people call it Poke Cake.

Some call it Jello Cake.

I call it Gooood!

What do YOU call it?

No comments:

Post a Comment