Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread



You know who you are.
You're the overzealous gardener
who planted way more of the "z"
than you needed to.

And now,
they're coming in like crazy
and you can't keep up.
You're the one
trying to pawn it off on
everyone you know.





Have no fear.
I am here to help you.
If you make these chunky, moist
and
delicious muffins,
wrap them individually
and give JUST ONE to a friend
along with a big fat zucchini,
instead of resenting you and the "z",
they will love you instead.




Chunk-ety + Chocolate-y!



I can't say it's exactly healthy,
but OH!
These muffins are good, girlfriend!
Everyone needs at least one batch a summer,
or they haven't really lived!

So, do you want the recipe?

CHOCOLATE CHIP ZUCCHINI BREAD OR MUFFINS
Sift dry ingredients
Blend wet ingredients.
Combine.
Spray pan with Pam.
Bake at 350 degrees, one hour for bread,
20-30 minutes for muffins, watching to make sure they don't over bake.

3 eggs
1-1/2 c. sugar
3 t. vanilla
1 c. oil
2 c. or slightly more zucchini
(this is about one medium)
I do not peel or seed it, just wash and grate

*

1 t. cinnamon
3 c. flour
1 t. baking soda
1/2 t. baking powder
1 small package instant chocolate pudding

After the wet and the dry have been combined stir in:

1/2 c. coconut
1/2 c. chopped walnuts or pecans
1/2 c. chocolate chips

Enjoy...

I have been known to freeze grated zucchini in packages with 2 c. shredded,
just to make this bread to give away at Christmastime.


I have also wanted to try it in sheet cake form,
it would go great at summer picnics and potlucks.


2 comments:

  1. I have been looking for a good zucchini bread recipe! I will be making some this weekend and freezing the rest of the zucchini. I am one that is receiving more zucchine from our very giving plants than expected. Thank you for sharing!!

    XO,
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have made this a few times and it is DELICIOUS...it is always a big hit at our house. It does make nice gifts for Christmas or any time. My co-workers love my Zucchini Bread but I told them I would bring Choc. Zucchini Bread next time. Can't wait to make it....yummy!

    ReplyDelete